Thursday, August 04, 2011

So what have I been doing lately?

So what have I been up to lately?  Making cards, of course!  Last week for my Tuesday class we did these two cards:

Travel Log card for Tuesday class

And this one:

Tuesday Card Class Christmas Card


The Travel Log card was one I CASED from a card I found on our demo exclusive web site, made by a fellow demonstrator, Candy Rattray.  The second card was also CASED, but this time it was from closer to home.  When I was visiting my up line, I saw a card laying on her table, that I thought was just gorgeous.  She said that one of our fellow demonstrators, Phyllis Curling had done it.  I told her that I just had to make one too...it was so pretty!  In making mine, I changed a couple of things, but most of the elements remained the same.  One thing I did change was the color of the rhinestone, as seen here:

Close up of rhinestone

I saw a great tip on Mary Fish's blog about being able to color the rhinestones with sharpies...pretty cool, huh?  You just take any color sharpie, and because they are permanent, you can color right on your rhinestone without worrying that the color will rub off.

I also made a card for my cousin's birthday...

Birthday Card for Sammy

The medallion stamp is a great go-to for a masculine card.  In fact, I've used it a few times for some of the guys in my family.  This time I did something a little different though.  I stamped with Versamark on designer paper, embossed with clear embossing powder and then sponged over it, allowing the designer paper to show through.  This technique is called emboss resist.  Here's a close up of it so that you can see it a little better I hope:

Emboss Resist Close Up

It's a really cool effect.  In fact, I liked it so much, I used this same technique for my down line meeting swaps on Saturday.  I'll show you those and some of the things we did at the meeting in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment