Sunday, July 17, 2011

Wow, what a week....Part 2 - Tuesday

TUESDAY

On Tuesday morning, I had to head out for my Tuesday class in Lake Alfred. We used to do three cards each week, but my ladies kept saying that they loved their cards so much; they didn't want to give them away. After discussing it, it was decided that they would start making only two new cards each week, but they would be making two of each of them (for a total of four). They also decided that they wanted to get a head start on their Christmas cards this year, so each week; one of the cards is a Christmas card. Last week, they told me that a few of them were in need of anniversary cards, so if I could come up with something, they would appreciate it. When I was trying to figure out what cards they were going to make this week, at first I thought they'd do this design for their anniversary card...
Anniversary card 1st Attempt

I cased this from a card I'd seen on Lee Ann Greff's web site several months ago, but it just wasn't doing it for me. Then I decided on this design...
Anniversary Card 2nd Attempt

Just by changing it a little and adding a black backing, I couldn't believe what a difference it made. Here is the inside of the card...
Anniversary Card Inside

I decided to pre-make the flower centers since crystal effects takes a while to set up, but I did demonstrate how they were made.

Recipe:
Paper - Basic Black, Whisper White, Marina Mist
Ink - Basic Black, Marina Mist
Stamps - Vintage Vogue, A Word for You, Something to Celebrate, Well Scripted (Retired), Very Vintage Jumbo Wheel
Accessories - 5/8" Black Satin Ribbon, Clear Blocks, Crystal Effects, Glass Beads (Retired), Big Shot, Final Press EF, Scallop Border Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Small Circle Punch from Punch Trio, Glue Dots, Dimesionals, Snail

For the Christmas card, I guess since the card I'd made for my SIL (from Monday) used retired colors, I guess I was still in the mood to use them so we ended up doing this card...
Tuesday Class Christmas Card

When I first started getting into Stampin' Up!, I think I saw this card on Splitcoast Stampers (sorry, I don't know who to give credit to...if you know, please let me know and I'll be happy to acknowledge their talents), and I've saved it all this time as a card I really liked. The colors aren't your traditional colors for the holidays, but I thought it was very pretty. Here's a look at what we did with the inside of the card...
Tuesday Card Class Inside of Christmas Card

Recipe:
Paper - Rich Razzelberry, Old Olive, Whisper White, Cottage Wall DSP (Retired)
Ink - Old Olive, Rich Razzelberry, Orchid Opulence (Retired), Versa Mark
Stamps - Tree Trimmings, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Many Merry Messages
Accessories - Big Shot, Petals A Plenty EF, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Iridescent Ice (Retired), Scallop Oval Punch, Medium Oval Punch, Heat Gun

When I got home that afternoon, I started on a card for my niece...I'll show you that card in my next post....Wednesday.....

No comments:

Post a Comment