Monday, July 18, 2011

What a week....part 4 - Thursday

THURSDAY

Thursday I was up and at it first thing.  My upline, Susan Yeager, hosted a mini convention for those of us in her downline that weren't able to make it to convention this year.  There were four of us in all that were able to be there.  We had a great time.  One of our activities was a shoebox swap where we were encouraged to bring a project for each of us to make that would include any of the new catalog items.  So far I haven't purchased too much from the new catalog other than the new in color kit as well as a stamp set or two....so this is what I came up with...
Mini Convention Shoebox Swap

Well, what do you think?  Not bad for a quickie card, huh?

Recipe:
Paper - Card stock from each of the new in colors: Wisteria Wonder, Island Indigo (love this color!), Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, Whisper White
Ink - VersaMark, Island Indigo
Stamps - Printed Petals, Perfectly Penned
Accessories - Lucky Limeade 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon, Full Heart Punch, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Snail

Here are some of the other cards we did that day for the shoebox swap...

Judy Bartlett's shoebox swap

For Judy's card. we were able to use the new lace ribbon border punch and the triple treat flower stamp.  Pretty cool using it in layers, huh?  She also used the same greeting set that I used, Perfectly Penned...love that font!

Judy Bartlett's Bookmark
And, she made each of us a bookmark using the hostess set Posy Punch.  She's our resident My Digital Studio expert, so I think the greeting was printed using that.

Next we did two cards brought by Susan Hornsby  First we did a punch card...
Susan Hornsby shoebox swap #1
See the new pendant punch?  Very cute!!  Then we used the new hostess set Faith in Nature...

Susan Hornsby shoebox swap #2
This was such a quick simple card to make using our stampin' pastels...I love the color combination!

Once we were finished with Susan's cards, they all did my card (see above)...I hope they liked it!  When they were done with my card, we broke for a delicious lunch that we'd all brought a dish for.

After we broke from our yummy lunch, we made our last card for the day which Susan Yeager presented.

Susan Yeager shoebox swap

I don't think you can see it very well, but on this card, we used the shimmer paint by applying it with saran wrap...it is so much prettier than in the picture.  I actually didn't get to quite finish this card because I had to get home and prepare for the second half of my day...I had a class to teach that night...more on that in my next post.


No comments:

Post a Comment