Saturday, July 23, 2011

Wow, what a week! Part 5 - TGIF it's Friday!!

OK, so you'd think that after all that was going on for the week that by Friday things would have calmed down...not so much...I had a friend (and now a customer) coming over for the first time for a "play date", and my house wasn't as clean as I wanted it to be...especially for someone that was coming over for the first time!  Once again, I was up early (at least for me), 5:30 and I started cleaning up my stamp room and getting it in order.  I started there since my husband was still sleeping and I was trying hard not to wake him.  Once he was up and getting ready for work, I began working on the living room and the kitchen.  I think I got all the rooms presentable by 9:00am or so, so I hoped into the shower and got myself presentable too.  Then I was off to the grocery store to pick up some things for us to have for lunch that day.  She had about an hour drive and was due to get to my place between 10:00 am and 10:30 am.  When I rounded the corner on my street coming back from the grocery store (mind you it was now about 10:15 am), I was so relieved not to see her car in our drive way!  I rushed into the house, and started making chicken salad for our lunch.  Just a couple of minutes later, the phone rang and it turns out her GPS had sent her down the wrong way (don't you just love those know-it-all GPS's!?!).  I talked her through it and once she got there, she told me that she would love to make an extra special wedding card for a dear friend of hers that was getting married soon.  We looked through several of my cards, and then on-line and finally decided on a card that she thought was suitable.  We spent the rest of the day working on it...after all this, would you like to see the card???  Well, here it is...

Front of Wedding Card

We ended up using retired colors because they closer matched the wedding colors.  It was a fun card to make, but it definitely took us some time to make it...it was wonderful just spending the day with her.  If you'd like to see the inside of the card, I've added it here...

Inside of Wedding Card

Believe it or not, my week still wasn't over...stay tuned for more in my next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment