Thursday, August 04, 2011

Saturday's Downline Meeting

With the summer months upon us, there were just a few of us there at the down line meeting this past Saturday, which is alright, because sometimes you're able to get more done with less people there...but they were still missed just the same.  When we got there, Susan had placed these sweet little nail file holders at each of our work stations...aren't they cute?
Nail file and holder from Susan

She always does the nicest things for us!  I don't think all demonstrators are as lucky as we are.  Anyway, we all chit-chatted for a while and got caught up with each other and then we exchanged swaps.  The swaps I brought used the embossed resist technique that I showed you in my last post (click here if you missed it), but they were a little different in that some were fully sponged, and some were partially sponged.

Swaps for Saturday's meeting


Close up of swap fully sponged

Close up of swap partially sponged

After we exchanged our swaps, we worked on this month's project, 3 x 3 cards.  I have been trying to include 3 x 3 thank you notes in with my local order deliveries, and sometimes it's a challenge to come up with a new design, so this was very helpful to me.  We made eight in all.  And would you believe that out of those eight, I only have all the supplies to make three of them...guess I'll be placing an order for some of those that I really liked!  Here are the eight we made, hope you like them too.

3 x 3 Thank You Notes

After we got these done and said our good-byes, I headed home and was able to coax my DH to hang up something for me.  I'm going to call it a ribbon rod...but what it really is, is a curtain closer rod from Ikea. 


I got the idea from Mary Fish, and a dear friend of mine, Joyce, was heading to Ikea recently (it's about 45 minutes away from here, so I was grateful that she was going to save me the trip!), and I asked her to pick me up one while she was there and that I would pay her for it when I saw her at our next class.  Well that little sweetie, picked it and the brackets up for me, but she wouldn't let me pay her for it...she wouldn't hear of it!  Thank you Joyce, I love it (and you)!  Would you believe it doesn't hold all of my ribbon...this is just my retired and misc. stuff...looks like I'll be getting another one for the current ribbon!  Ikea here I come!!



No comments:

Post a Comment