Thursday, August 04, 2011

Tuesday's Card Class

Well it's a new week, and you know what that means...a new class to prepare for.  In keeping with using stamp sets from our summer mini (which will be expiring at the end of this month), I chose to use the set, On The Grow, and this is the card we ended up doing:

Tuesday's Card - On the Grow

The vase and flowers were done on watercolor paper using our watercolor wonder crayons.  I used a recently retired DSP, that I thought looked great with the colors that were used.  The original card was cased from Splitcoast Stampers by a demonstrator named Diana Gibbs.  Isn't it beautiful!
Our Christmas card this week used the Holiday Line Up set, and when I was trying to come up with a card for the class, I didn't like the one I first did...
First Attempt

but I knew I wanted to use this set and that I wanted to show my ladies the spotlight technique.  So I went back to the drawing board and this is what I came up with instead...

Second Attempt at Christmas Card

I liked the color combination much better...not only did we color in the little tag for the spotlight technique, I had them add glitter to the snowmen.  I don't think one of us left there without some glitter on us somewhere!  Here's a close up of the tag so that you can better see what I'm talking about:

Close up of tag from Christmas card

My next project this week was a card for my Mom.  I'm going to hold off posting about it until she sees it...don't want to spoil the surprise for her.

Until next time...happy stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment