Thursday, September 01, 2011

An impromptu demonstrator get together...

 As promised, I wanted to share with you some of the cards that I did in August.  Back on the 8th of August, a couple of other demonstrators and I (Susan Yeager and Phyllis Curling) got together to make cards and share ideas.  The idea that we tried based on Phyllis' suggestion used two stamp sets, Scenic Season and Welcome Home.  The idea was to stamp the trees in always artichoke and then to apply an adhesive so that glitter would be all over the trees...well, I guess I got a little carried away with my glue, because there is very little evidence of always artichoke, lol!  See what I mean....


Obviously I like sparkly things.  Here's a picture of the whole card...


It still turned out kind of pretty, but if I do it again, I'll definitely ease up on the glue!!

Phyllis also had us try an origami card, that doubles as it's own envelope.  Since it was the first time any of us had attempted to make one, she had us use some retired DSP, just in case we messed up, we wouldn't of wasted some of that precious new paper...don't blame her at all on that call, lol!  Here is a picture of the card unfolded...


...and here it is closed....

Pretty nifty, huh!?!  It turned out to be a lot easier than it looked...I love it when that happens!!  Next we did a card that Susan introduced us to.  This card uses the flower garden embossing folder and the Fabulous Florets stamp set which was introduced in the Summer mini.  Fortunately Stampin' Up! included it in the 2011 - 2012 IBC (Idea Book & Catalog), so even though the Summer Mini items are no longer available, it can still be purchased.

Isn't it lovely!?!  I really liked the idea of adding the watercolor pieces to the stamped image...it really adds quite a bit of texture, don't you agree?
As for my contribution to the get together, I created a color comparison chart that we put together so that we could use it as a demonstrator tool.  If you are a fellow demonstrator and would be interested in a copy of it, please let me know and I'd be happy to share it with you.  That's it for now...




 

No comments:

Post a Comment