Friday, September 02, 2011

Mom's Birthday Card

Well, since Mom's birthday has come and gone (the month's over Mom, you can quit celebrating now, lol), I guess it's okay if I share the card I made for her with you.  I got the idea from my up line, Susan Yeager, who was teaching a Wow! card class that was for confetti flinger cards.  I didn't get a chance to attend, but after some research, I found the instructions on how to make one on the blog, Hog Wild About Stampin'.  In her instructions, she mentions that the top layer needs to be a little heavy in order to keep weight on the flinger so that it won't pop open at the wrong time.  Keeping that in mind, I chose a non SU! DSP that was really thick, in hopes that it would serve it's purpose.  My mother lives out of state, so I wouldn't be delivering it to her directly, so I had to make sure that the surprise wouldn't be over before she even got it out of the envelope.  I used the stamp set Take a Spin, along with various pieces of card stock that closely matched the colors in the DSP, and my layout was different, but after testing it, the results were the same.  This is what the card looked like before you opened it...

Mom's Birthday Card

And this is what it looks like when someone opens it, lol. 

Birthday card when it gets opened up

When the card gets opened, there is a folded piece of tissue paper that holds the confetti in it that flings it at the recipient.  She called me after she'd opened it and guess what!?!?  It held up in the mail and it got her when she opened it up...hahahaha!!  I wish I could have been there when she opened it.  Oh well, Happy Birthday Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment